И ещё немного классики: Jimmy Hendricks - Purple Haze.



Purple Haze was in my brain,
lately things don't seem the same,
actin' funny but I don't know why
'scuse me while I kiss the sky.
Purple Haze all around,
don't know if I'm coming up or down.
Am I happy or in misery?
Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me.
Purple Haze was in my eyes,
don't know if it's day or night,
you've got me blowing, blowing my mind
is it tomorrow or just the end of time?

Ничего не поняли? Читаем Википедию:

Hendrix said he was inspired by a science fiction novel written by Philip Jose Farmer that he was reading at the time. (The phrase appearing in Farmer's book is "purplish haze".) An early song manuscript has the title "Purple Haze, Jesus Saves". Hendrix claimed that the song was about love, explaining that the line "whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me" was the key to the meaning of the lyrics. He also mentioned that the song's colorful imagery came to him in a dream. "I dream a lot and I put a lot of my dreams down as songs" in a 1969 interview. (Wikipedia)

А теперь понятнее? Практически «Сиреневый туман» поколения хиппи…

Комментариев нет: